Normal display at LHR. Departures, gates, etc.
But on 2 out of 4 of the rotating screens on all boards within LHR are filled with airport performance data.
Now it’s not clear how the metrics are gathered – some, like Terminal 5 tube service availability, seem to be automatic while others are ratings – but no matter the how, this is very, very cool.
Here’s what they’re tracking:
- Flight info
- Departure lounge seat availability
- Pier service
- Terminal 5 service availability
- Security waiting time < 5 minutes
- Security waiting time < 10 minutes
- Security waiting time for transfer passengers < 10 minutes
- Lifts, escalators & passenger conveyor service availability
- Lifts, escalators & passenger conveyor service availability (passenger critical)
- Arrivals reclaim service availability
Each is color coded: yellow for being exactly at their target, green for being above target, and red for being below target. How very 37signals of you, Heathrow.